Main Purpose/Job Summary:
- To assist our customers by giving technical support over the telephone and in person on occasion.
- To assist our Software Testers by testing the forensic software solutions developed by the company for law enforcement as part of an agile development team.
The candidate will be expected to assist in assembling our solutions and assist with the shipping and export processes. The candidate will be expected to excellent communication skills both verbally and written, to work effectively both as part of a friendly, hard-working team and independently.
The candidate should have a good technical understanding and basic knowledge of computers, software and systems. Full product training will be given, assistance with more formal training and qualification maybe given. Over time the candidate will be expected to contribute new ideas to the team to help improve our customer service delivery & software development processes.
Main Duties & Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- To assist with customer support enquiries
- Log support queries and solutions in our systems
- To assist with building kits and installation of software
- Assist with shipping and exports including customs and export license controls
- Assist with software testing tasks
- Detailed reporting of defects
- Preparation of test reports
Required Skill Set & Experience:
To perform this role successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent written and spoken English with good telephone manner
- Personable, team player and independent thinker
- Able to work under own initiative
- Organised with an attention to detail
- Able to think logically and work in a structured way
- Good knowledge of computers and software
- Previous Technical Support and customer service experience
- Previous manual software testing experience
- Understanding of agile software development practices
- Awareness of IT security issues
- Experience with different operating systems (i.e. Windows, Mac, and Linux)
GCSE English Maths and Science plus and further qualifications would be advantageous.
Industry specific qualifications.
Core Role Competencies:
- Assist with customer support queries logging each instance and finding a solution
- Assist with reliable methodical testing and reporting
- Active, positive contribution to the collaborative end-to-end development process
- Undertaking such training, both in-house and external, as is necessary to obtain and maintain the skills level and qualifications commensurate with the post.
- Completing all tasks to the required standards and in accordance with the Operating Procedures of the company
Other Role Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years UK residency
- Full driving licence
- Satisfactorily pass pre-hire and annual security clearance procedures in accordance with the ACPO (Association of Chief Police Officers) National Vetting Scheme.
CCL is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.