Main Purpose & Job Summary:
To support the business by developing forensic solutions for law enforcement as part of a scrum team. Primarily focused on development of our existing web based desktop and server based solutions. The candidate will be expected to communicate well and work well as part of a team.
The candidate will have experience working in software teams and understand what is required to produce high quality software. The candidate will be expected to contribute new ideas to the team to help improve software development processes and technologies used. The candidate will have a good understanding of agile software development.
The candidate will have experience taking a key role in designing and developing software in previous positions.
Development Team Leader
Main Duties/ Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned):
1. Active, positive contribution the collaborative end-to-end development process
2. Focus on production of maintainable, solid code
3. Focus on quality including ensuring adequate testing is performed
4. Performing research tasks and feeding ideas back into the team
5. Undertaking such training, both in-house and external, as is necessary to obtain and maintain the skills level and qualifications commensurate with the post
6. Completing all tasks to the required standards and in accordance with the Operating Procedures of the company
This job description is intended only as a guide to the main responsibilities of the post and is not intended to restrict the scope of the post holder to perform other duties. Additional responsibilities for the post holder may be agreed on an individual basis and recorded as part of the annual performance review requirement.
Required Skill Set & Experience:
• Proficiency in C# and ASP.NET MVC
• Working knowledge of SQL
• Good S/W development skills coupled with strong relevant enthusiasm and keen desire to learn and progress is more important than academic achievements.
• Understanding of agile software development practices
• Able to think logically and work in a structured way
• Awareness of IT security issues
• Awareness of need for quality standards in approach to work
• Good spoken and written English is essential
• Willingness to undergo Security Clearance (requires 5 years UK residency)
• Personable, team player and independent thinker
• Able to work under own initiative
Desirable Technical Experience:
• Unit testing (e.g. NUnit/GoogleTest)
• Mocking (e.g. Moq/GoogleMock)
• Pair programming
• Design patterns (e.g. Dependency injection, MVC, MVP, MVVM etc)
• ORMs (e.g. NHibernate, Entity Framework)
Relevant degree, NVQ/HNC/HND or similar
Industry specific qualifications
Core Role Competencies:
• Positive and motivated attitude
• Confident communicator
• Team player
• Ability to work under pressure
• Conscientious and reliable
• Solution focused
• Excellent social skills
Competencies (some or all of these MAY be assessed during the process)
• Excellent level of knowledge of standard operating procedures to pass competency test
• Good level of technical knowledge
• Good level of knowledge of CCL’s case management system
• Effective Communication
• Personal Awareness
• Personal Effectiveness
• Problem Solving
• Team Working
• Accuracy of work
• High attention to detail
Other Role Requirements
- Minimum 5 years UK residency
- Full driving license
- Satisfactorily pass pre-hire and annual security clearance procedures in accordance with the ACPO (Association of Chief Police Officers) National Vetting Scheme.
CCL is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.